|Aldrich + Elliott, PC (A+E) is a 22 person engineering firm in Essex Junction, VT specializing in water resource engineering for municipalities in Vermont and New Hampshire. A+E offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This position will provide an opportunity to work with the A+E team, providing municipalities in Vermont and New Hampshire with innovative solutions to their water resources engineering challenges. A+E is an equal opportunity employer seeking to fill the following position:
Senior Design Engineer
A+E is seeking a Senior Design Engineer with a strong background in water, wastewater and stormwater planning, and design. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing small and large projects for planning and design of both linear and process treatment work. Work will involve a blend of analysis, layout and design, report writing, preparation of engineering design calculation, drawings and specifications, and field work. It is expected that this individual will be the main contact for clients, regulatory officials, vendors, manufacturers, subconsultants, and contractors and command a comprehensive understanding of the projects on which they are working and will answer questions and direct staff on these projects. It is expected that a Senior Engineer has a comprehensive knowledge of engineering, design, and construction principles and provides highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to principals and personnel.
To be considered for this position, the following skills, or the appropriate background and interest in developing these skills, are required:
- Understanding of water, wastewater and stormwater design principles, including process treatment
- Familiarity with VT State Revolving Loan and USDA/RD funding programs and procurement process.
- Experience with modeling tools such as WaterCAD and HydroCAD
- Experience with various water, wastewater and stormwater system designs
- Experience administering water, wastewater and stormwater system construction contracts
- Capacity to successfully manage multiple projects, tasks, objectives, and assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivation and enthusiasm to learn new skills
- Legally able to work in the United States (proper documentation required)
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 10-12+ years of relevant experience in the technical skills areas described above
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Vermont preferred, or on track to obtain it
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Aldrich + Elliott via email to email@example.com.
Please do NOT contact with unsolicited services or offers.
We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of age (18 or older), ancestry or national origin, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, race or color, religion or creed, sexual orientation, genetic testing information, place of birth, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.