Who we are:
Aldrich + Elliott (A+E) was formed in 1995 with a simple objective; to provide our clients with personal, responsive, quality and innovative water resource engineering services at competitive fees. From our office in Essex Junction, VT, A+E employs twenty dedicated environmentalists, including licensed professional engineers and technicians, ready and eager to tackle whatever challenges you face in water resources.
Leading initiatives to sustain our region’s water resources.
Dedicated to innovative water resource solutions for our community and environment.
Where we started – Why we’re here
A letter from Brad Aldrich, Founding Partner/Senior Associate
In 1995, John Forcier and I formed Forcier Aldrich & Associates (FA&A) (later to be named Aldrich + Elliott) (A+E) to provide water resource engineering solutions for communities in Vermont and New Hampshire. Counting myself, three of the “original eight” are still with us today – Wayne Elliott, Chuck Magnus, and myself. Our company philosophy was simple back then; provide every client with superior customer service and innovative engineering solutions, and it hasn’t changed.
Our goal for each project is the same; to identify the optimum solution to meet (and hopefully exceed) each client’s needs. This starts by listening carefully to truly understand their needs. We then consider all possible solutions and apply a wealth of past experience, engineering knowledge, and innovation to identify the best answer. Every need is unique and deserves a solution specifically tailored to it, which is what makes our job so much fun. It’s also resulted in some firsts for Vermont:
- 1st municipal Sequential Batch Reactor wastewater treatment process –Johnson, VT
- 1st UV disinfection system for a municipal wastewater treatment process – Johnson, VT
- 1st windrow composting facility for biosolids reclamation/re-use –Johnson, VT
- 1st uranium removal system for a municipal water system – Marshfield, VT
- 1st arsenic removal system for a municipal water system – Newport, VT
From modest beginnings, we have grown into one of the premier water resource engineering firms in Vermont. We have enjoyed steady growth, but have always stayed true to our core values: a commitment to excellence, integrity, respect, innovation, teamwork, work/life balance, and exceptional client service.
While we’ve been successful at the “business of engineering”, first and foremost we are environmentalists with a deep passion for the abundant natural resources in Vermont, New Hampshire, and the surrounding region. Our greatest satisfaction is helping our community use water in sustainable ways. Protecting our environment for future generations.
In 2010, John Forcier moved on to pursue another one of his passions; organic waste to energy projects. That same year, Wayne Elliott joined me as an owner in the firm and our name changed to Aldrich + Elliott (A+E). Since then, Jason Booth and Nate Pion have also joined us as shareholders.
Like any strong organization, we continue to evolve. Wayne Elliott has assumed the role of President. Jason Booth has been elevated to Vice-President. Along with Nate and the rest of the A+E staff, we are poised to continue to deliver innovative and award-winning engineering solutions to our many clients for generations to come. I could not be more proud of what we have become, nor more positive about where we are headed.
What we’re about
Helping our communities use water in sustainable ways. Protecting the environment for future generations.
Our Core Values
Our core values reflect our beliefs and culture as an organization and guide our strategic thinking in every aspect of our business.
Commitment to Excellence
– Superior standards of quality and service.
We care about what we do, how we work, our colleagues, and the clients we serve, which inspires us to excellence. We recognize that our solutions need to stand the test of time and therefore we take painstaking care of each client and each project. We take ownership of our work and embrace the professional standard of care entrusted to us by our clients.
– Challenge the status quo to deliver better solutions.
We listen, observe, and think. We are curious, resourceful and continually seek out ways to expand our knowledge. Learning leads to fulfillment, wisdom, and opportunity. We are problem solvers, forward thinkers and innovators.
– To live according to the highest standards of professional conduct.
We do the right thing. We are honest, accountable for our words and actions and treat each other with respect. Integrity builds trust, which is the basis for all our relationships.
– To treat everyone as we expect to be treated.
We keep promises, and build trust. We expect communications to be open, honest, and respectful. When ambiguity or uncertainty arises, people can ask questions and be heard. We are honest, ethical and authentic.
– Together we can attain more toward a shared purpose than we can alone.
We believe in the power of relationships. We take pride in collaborating to create outcomes beyond those which we would achieve independently. We recognize that each individual brings unique skills and ideas, and we embrace this diversity as a strength.
– Serving our community and profession.
Giving back is part of our culture. We have logged countless hours volunteering in our community and professional and technical organizations to lend a hand and make a difference.
Click on links below to learn more!
- Green Mountain Water Environment Association (GMWEA)
- Vermont Rural Water Association (VRWA)
- New England Water Environment Association (NEWEA)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Vermont League of Cities and Towns (VLCT)
- Vermont Society of Professional Engineers (VSPE)
- New Hampshire Water Pollution Control Association (NHWPCA)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
- Granite State Rural Water Association (GSRWA)
- New Hampshire Municipal Associations (NHMA)
- Vermont Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers (VT ASCE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Vermont (ACEC/VT)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce (LCRCC)
- Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation (GBIC)